Everyone has that one friend that is there for them in good times and in bad times. A friend you haven't seen in weeks or months, yet when you see each other again it's like no time has passed. The one friend that you travel, attend concerts, and sporting events with. Someone you have known since you were a child and went through all those awkward phases of life with. Someone you share your deepest secrets with. A friend that takes care of you when you are hungover.
I have had many friends over the years. Some friendships have lasted longer than others. Some friends were only meant for a season and some were meant for the long haul. Some friends see one side of me and very few friends get to see all sides of me. I'm sure you know what I mean.
"Friendship is two-sided. It isn't a friend just because someone's doing something nice for you. That's a nice person. There's friendship when you do for each other. It's like marriage - it's two-sided." John Wooden
So in honor of National Letter Writing Month, let's take a break from texting our friends and write a letter to one of them. Maybe write a letter to the friend that you haven't seen in awhile. Or pick the friend that you have been friends with since you were children. You decide who to reach out to.
- Write the letter to one of your friends.
- You can use any card you like that fits the receiver of the card's personality. If you are looking for some greeting cards, you can visit my shop here.
- Post a picture of the card you are about to send on Instagram AND use #cards2lovedones in the caption.
- You will be placed in a drawing for a chance to win a $25 Starbucks gift card. The winner will be announced at the end of the month.
Ideas for What to Write
- How much you miss them
- A fond memory that you have
- What you are up to:
- When you hope/know you will see them again
- Maybe even add a photo of the two of you together