I have two younger sisters and we are very close. We would have sleep overs in each other's rooms. We would exercise together and stay up late talking. We would have movie marathons and binge watch our favorite TV shows together. Don't get me wrong, we do have a lot of great moments together, but we do fight just like a lot of other siblings do.
"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there." – Unknown
My sisters are my best friends. They know me better than anyone else. No matter how much we fight and bicker they still love me and accept me for who I am. Over the last few years we have been away for college and have started leading our own lives. I love when we get back together and spend hours talking over coffee and tea. I know we text each other often, but it's usually if we need help with something.
So in honor of National Letter Writing Month, let's take a break from texting our siblings and write a letter to one of them or someone that you are close to that has been like a sibling to you (I don't want to leave you out if you are an only child).
Also an exciting fact is that April 10th is National Siblings Day! Sounds to me like that is the PERFECT day to send a card.
- Write the letter to one of your siblings or someone that you are close to that has been like a brother/sister to you (I don't want to leave you out if you are an only child).
- You can use any card you like that fits the receiver of the card's personality. If you are looking for some greeting cards, you can visit my shop here.
- Post a picture of the card you are about to send on Instagram AND use #cards2lovedones in the caption.
- At the end of the month, if you participate in the challenge each week, you will be placed in a drawing for a chance to win a Starbucks gift card.
Ideas for What to Write
- How much you miss them and love them
- A fond memory that you have
- What you are up to:
- When you hope/know you will see them again
- Maybe even add a photo of the two of you together