Grandparents are so such a blessing to have around. My one grandmother lives next door to me and my other grandmother lives about 45 minutes away. I have always enjoyed visiting them and hearing their stories about how their life was like growing up. I realize they won't be around forever and want to regret not taking the time to spend with them because family is one of the things that matters most to me.
Neither of them text (let alone know how to turn on a computer) and don't like spending a long time talking on the phone. Both of them recall writing letters to their now husbands while they would take public transportation to and from work. They loved reading the letters they received and have kept them over the years in a box to look back on hard days. Both of them keep cards me and my other cousins have made for them for their birthdays, Christmases, Easters, anniversaries, etc.
Often as we grow older, we get busier and don't spend as much time with our grandparents. They are hard of hearing and you have to shout at them so they can hear what you are saying. They aren't hip and know how to text. Despite all of these things, we still love them.
So in honor of National Letter Writing Month, I challenge you to write a letter to your either both of your grandparents, one of your grandparents, or an someone that you are close to that has been like a grandparent to you (I don't want to leave you out if your grandparents aren't alive anymore).
- Write the letter to of your grandparents, one of your grandparents, or an someone that you are close to that has been like a grandparent to you (I don't want to leave you out if your grandparents aren't alive anymore).
- You can use any card you like that fits the receiver of the card's personality. If you are looking for some greeting cards, you can visit my shop here.
- Post a picture of the card you are about to send on Instagram AND use #cards2lovedones
- At the end of the month, if you participate in the challenge each week, you will be placed in a drawing for a chance to win a Starbucks gift card.
Ideas for What to Write
- How much you miss them and love them
- A fond memory that you have
- What you are up to:
- When you hope/know you will see them again
- Maybe even add a recent photo in the letter or card if they haven't seen you recently